Historical sites and monuments

Maison des Musiciens

  • IMG_3517 (1)
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (1)
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (2)
< Show all photos

What do we like?

Admired by Viollet-le-Duc, La Maison des Musiciens or the House of the Menetriers is a listed architectural ensemble dating back to the 13th century.
At the time, its façade was distinguished by the presence of four statues of instrumentalists surrounding the master of the house for a courtly concert.

Unfortunately, the musicians' house was destroyed during the 1st World War.
The façade, dismantled in 1917, was partly salvaged and reassembled in a room of the Musée Saint-Remi, where the original statues can still be seen today.

Since July 21, 2021, the fully restored façade has been visible from the street.


Maison des Musiciens 18 Rue de Tambour - 51100 REIMS

In the area

Latest modification on 28/03/2024
Skip to content