Historical sites and monuments

Nécropole Nationale de Sillery

SILLERY
  • Cimetière militaire français de Sillery (c) Carmen Moya Office de Tourisme du Grand Reims (4)
  • Cimetière militaire français de Sillery (c) Carmen Moya Office de Tourisme du Grand Reims (5)
  • Cimetière militaire français de Sillery (c) Carmen Moya Office de Tourisme du Grand Reims (2)
< Show all photos

What do we like?

The Necropolis of Sillery-Bellevue was built in 1923 to receive the bodies of soldiers from several French municipal cemeteries in the surrounding area and from temporary cemeteries settled throughout the First World War in behind the front. The bodies of 11 259 soldiers were buried there.
The Mausoleum, collective work of the Union rémoise des Arts décoratifs, was built in memory of the dead without burial of the battles of Champagne.
In 1925, it was, with the Carnegie Library, one of the two achievements of the city of Reims presented at the Exposition International Exhibition of Decorative Arts of Paris. In 1927, thanks to Abbot Fendler, a decree authorized to raise the chapel-mausoleum at the end of the military cemetery of Sillery, in front of the ossuary.

Contact

Nécropole Nationale de Sillery - 51500 SILLERY

In the area

Information general

Rates

Titled
Free of charge

You could like

Latest modification on 27/03/2024
Skip to content