Historical sites and monuments

Palais de Justice

  • palais-de-justice--c--Pauline-Colin

What do we like?

Located on the site of the former Hôtel-Dieu, from which the Louis XV-era Gothic storerooms and facade elements still remain, the courthouse was designed by royal architect Mazois and his successor Caristie, assisted by Serrurier, the municipal architect, during the Restoration.

Anticipating the Beaux-Arts style, with a characteristic monumental repertoire, it was opened in 1839, except for the south side, which was built in 1912.

The interior was rebuilt in 1928 and the main hall was reorganised with a mezzanine in 1977.


Palais de Justice 1 Place Myron T Herrick - 51100 REIMS

In the area

Information general


Free of charge


  • From 01/01/2024 to 31/12/2024
Latest modification on 28/03/2024
Skip to content