Historical sites and monuments

Sœurs du Saint-Enfant Jésus

  • Sœurs-du-Saint-Enfant-Jesus--3-
  • Sœurs-du-Saint-Enfant-Jesus--2-
  • Sœurs-du-Saint-Enfant-Jesus--1-
< Show all photos

What do we like?

In 1670, Nicolas Roland acquired an orphanage that had been created in 1661 by Marie Varlet- Brisset, a wealthy widow.

With the assistance of the sisters of the Holy Child Jesus, Nicolas Roland, a friend of Jean-Baptiste de La Salle, was later to open several educational establishments in the city.

In the mid-19th century, new buildings were constructed, including a remarkable neo-Gothic chapel. After a fire in 1917, they were rebuilt by Émile Dufay-Lamy, who was the architect for numerous Catholic buildings in Reims.


Sœurs du Saint-Enfant Jésus 49 Rue du Barbâtre - 51100 REIMS

In the area

Latest modification on 28/03/2024
Skip to content