Historical sites and monuments

Union des Maisons de Champagne

  • IMG-0263

What do we like?

Founded in 1882, the Union des Maisons de Champagne (UMC – Union of Champagne Houses) brings together the champagne houses at the origin of this prestigious drink’s international notoriety.

It co-manages the “champagne” appellation with the Syndicat Général des Vignerons (SGV – Champagne Growers’ Union) as part of the Comité interprofessionnel du Vin de Champagne (CIVC – Interprofessional Champagne Committee).

In 1919, the UMC established itself in this 19th-century manor house. The boardroom has a panoramic decor created using woodblock printing by the Zuber factory with the “Eldorado” model, created in 1848.


Union des Maisons de Champagne 1 Rue Marie Stuart - 51100 REIMS

In the area

Latest modification on 28/03/2024
Skip to content